A food prepared at home can beat different cuisines of restaurants, hotels and mess any day. And if that food is a poultry food then it’s an add-on. 🙂
Today I have shared with you guys my recipe of Indian style Chicken Curry. It’s super easy to prepare and I believe that anyone can cook this. So without further ado, let’s start:
Total Time: 1 hour (Marination+Gravy)
- 1 Kg Skinless Small Cut Chicken
- 2 Tbsp. Turmeric Powder
- Mustard/Sunflower Oil
- ½ Kg Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Cardamom
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Red Chilli
- 4 Green Chilies (Chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Tbsp. Mix Paste (Contains Black Pepper, Garlic, and Cumin)
- 1 Tbsp. Sabji Masala
- 1 Tbsp. Coriander Powder
- 5 Tbsp. Chicken Masala
- 1 Tbsp. Garam Masala Powder
- 50 gms Coriander Leaves
- Water to Boil
If you want your chicken to soak up the flavor, taste and be chewy then it is very important to leave it for some time to marinate.
Min Time: 30 Mins
Max Time: Overnight
- Wash your chicken thoroughly to ensure it’s neat and clean.
- I ordered my Chiken online from Licious Poultry Store, as they deliver fresh and clean chicken.
- Now put the pieces in a bowl.
- Add Salt, Turmeric, Mustard Oil, and Ginger Garlic Paste in it.
- Mix everything properly.
- Cover the bowl and keep it for marination for at least half an hour. The more the better ❤
Tasty gravy is the key to yummy finger-licking food. So let’s get started with this one:
- Heat Oil
- Put Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves, Bay Leaf, Red Chilli and Green Chilli in it.
- Optional: You can add a Pinch of Kasuri Methi if you need some extra flavor.
- After a fragrant smell starts coming, which will happen within 30 Secs, add chopped onions.
- Fry your onion until it turn golden.
- Add Mix Paste, Chicken Masala, Dhaniya Powder, Sabji Powder, Turmeric Powder, and Garam Masala Powder.
- Fry this mixture until the raw taste and smell is gone.
- Put your Marinated Chicken in this Pan.
- Now here’s the task, you have to cook your chicken properly.
- Keep frying it until it starts leaving water on the sides. Covering and Uncovering the pan at small intervals will help you achieve this.
- Now add water in it, in your preferred quantity, and bring it to boil.
- Boil until thick.
- Add coriander leaves, mix, simmer for 1 minute and cover the pan.
- Leave it for 10 Minutes.
Your tasty home-made Indian Style Chicken Curry is Ready!!
You can serve this with Chapaati, Rice or Parantha. I prefer Lachha Parantha with this. ❤
This is how my plate looks:
Please comment below if you need more details.
Follow me on Instagram @foodiewomaneats for my food habits and @sonali.sharma.37 if you are interested in more information.